No. In order to enable the foreign students to explore various options to study in India, he/she can apply for provisional Student Visa of 6 months duration from Indian Mission abroad and once he/she gets the confirmed admission while in India, he/she can apply for a Student Visa to the local FRRO/FRO along with necessary documentary evidences of confirmed admission, financial standing etc.

Yes, they can provided they have confirmed admission to a course in a reputed/recognized institute in India.

Student Visa can be of 5 years or for the duration of the course whichever is earlier.

Foreign students holding Student Visa of more than 180 days are required to register himself/herself with the local FRRO/FRO within 14 days of arrival.

Yes, but with the permission of the local FRRO/FRO and the Institute(s) concerned and subject to no adverse activity.

So far as admission to diploma/degree/post-graduate degree in Engineering and Technology, Architecture & Town Planning, Pharmacy, Applied Arts, MBA, MCA, Hotel Management & Catering Technology are concerned, there is no requirement of NOC from MHRD. However, with respect to courses in medical or para-military courses, NOC from M/o Health will be required.

Yes, provided the concerned university/institute permits and suitable documentary evidences to this effect are submitted to the local FRRO/FRO.

He/she should approach the local FRRO/FRO with bonafide certificate, proof of adequate financial standing etc.

Normally one entry. However, on bonafide reasons, a foreign student can apply for additional entries at
Visa Facilitation Centre,
Foreigners Division,
Ministry of Home Affairs,
Jaisalmer House, 26, Mansingh Road,
New Delhi – 110003.